Poke Ball DIY
4. Use a large spot of hot glue on the middle of the ball where the ribbon meets, and press large black button down onto the glue and press lightly until dry. Could use Super glue or equivelent too, but allow more time to drive and use plenty.
5. Use Super glue or equivalent to glue paper. If doing a button use hot glue ideally.
Paint Options: Other types of paint to consider (acrylic, fingernail polish, whatever you have.
Button Options: The classic Red & black Poke Ball is displayed in this example, so we used a black button and a white piece of gloss paper. You could use black and white poster board, or whatever you can find that you like. Get creative. You can also change the style to Steam punk style, bedazzled, or do a completely different Poke Ball (see photo at the bottom of page for examples). Sky's the limit!
Ribbon Options: Black bias tape was used in this example. Black ribbon was used in another in the photo at the top of the page. Many other possibilities, such as black craft tape, or black tape of any kind. Black paint or marker could also be used.
What's Needed for this Small Poke Ball DIY
Small red rubber ball
White shiny/glossy spray paint
Black slim tip black marker
small black button
Small white Paper circle hole punch, or small white button, or whatever you have or like.
Options: If you're not concerned about accuracy, try different looks. Different sizes, and different colors. Get creative!
1. Mask the ball along the center line, smoothing and creating a cup as you go.
2. Spray 3 or 4 light coats of white paint. Let dry, and remove the masking tape.
3. Use black marker to make line around the middle
4. Add black button.
5. Glue white circle to center or get creative and try something different. In this example a black button with rhinestone in the middle is used.
The Poké Ball is a spherical device used by Pokémon Trainers to capture wild Pokémon and store them in the player's inventory when not active. Upon contact, the balls draw a Pokémon inside and then close automatically.
There are many more Poke Balls that make great DIY crafts.
Subscribe with only your email